I am still in the process of testing and documenting these, so hopefully there will be updates as time goes on. Also I haven’t been able to track down some of the downloads yet, so if you have a source, let me know!
- Descent II: 1.2 Update / S3 ViRGE Patch
- Tomb Raider: S3 ViRGE Patch
- Terminal Velocity: S3 ViRGE Patch
- POD: 1.0 to 2.0 Update / S3 ViRGE Patch
Retail Releases With No Patch Required
These games support the S3 ViRGE / S3D accelerated rendering out of the box without additional patches.
- Croc (1.0 release only)
- FX Fighter Turbo
- Tomb Raider: Unfinished Business
- Time Warriors
- POD (Gold release only)
OEM / Bundled Releases
These releases were bundled either with S3 ViRGE graphics cards or computers that contained them.
- Actua Soccer - Demo “Semi Finals” version bundled with the S3 Game Pak.
- Descent II: Destination Quartzon 3D - Demo version bundled with Compaq machines and Diamond Stealth 3D 2000 cards. Not compatible with other ViRGE cards.
- Destruction Derby - Windows 95 release bundled with Diamond Stealth 3D 2000 cards. All ViRGE Card Patch / All ViRGE Card Patch with NOCD / Resolution Fix
- Fatal Racing (EU) / Whiplash 3D (US) - OEM release in Europe bundled with Hewlett Packard machines with S3 Virge cards.
- Havoc - “ViRGE Edition” bundled with the S3 Game Pak.
- Mechwarrior II: S3 Virge edition: Bundled release, Unofficial S3D retail patch available below.
- POD: Intel MMX 1.0 OEM release, 1.0 to 2.0 Update also see official retail patch listed above.
- Screamer: Bundled with the Number Nine Reality 332FX card. Unofficial S3D retail patch available below.
- Terminal Velocity: Shareware version bundled with the S3 Game Pak. Also see official retail patch listed above.
These games only supported S3D acceleration in the demo versions, for whatever reason.
- Terracide: Demo
- Destruction Derby: Win95 Retail Release Patch also see patches listed above.
- MechWarrior II: Patch based on the OEM release mentioned above.
- Screamer: Patch based on the OEM release mentioned above.
- Quake: Official GLQuake Wrapper (external site)
ViRGE DX Wrapper Download
Some of these games require a wrapper to run on the ViRGE DX cards. I have found 2 versions - an ELSA branded one and this one. I believe that the executables are identical but will mirror both here for preservation purposes. Instructions are in the included README files.
Announced But Unreleased / Unsupported
The following games were announced but either released without S3D support or were cancelled before release, so don’t bother looking for them!
- Actua Golf
- Alien Trilogy
- Confirmed Kill
- Demon Driver
- Flight Unlimited
- Flying Nightmares 2
- Mega Race 2
- Microleague Baseball 6.0
- NCAA Final Four 97
- NHL 97
- Syndicate Wars
- Rocket Jockey
- Terra Nova
- Virtua Fighter
Much of this information was compiled from this vogons.org forum post and other sources online. I have mirrored the files here for preservation purposes.